Sunday, November 20, 2005

My Dad's email about his first bike

Hello Vipul,

Hi, how's the weather at your ends, and about your weekend program?

I think you must have had nice excitement riding Ninja 250 and having a fun. Of course, riding a motorcycle is a great thrill then riding a Bajaj Scooter. It is more comfortable and with more balanced vehicle then scooter.

When, I purchased my Jawa 250, theoretically I knew everything about bike like how to ride and keep balance, how to kick start the engine and change foot gears in synchronizing with throttle etc... But, when I took delivery of bike and they handed over the key to me at 5.00 p.m. I was bit shaken off how to ride a new bike without any practicing in a heavy traffic when offices are closing!

I had to request services of mechanic to deliver bike to our residence at G'tank. Next day, I read bike manual and gathered enough courage to ride the bike. In a fact, on very first day, I was thinking I might have made mistake in selecting such a heavy bike and if I do not able to ride it then I might have to resale it at loss!

After going through bike manual I gathered enough courage and kick the engine and got bike off the stand. I just prayed God to protect me and then practiced what I have rehearse theories and changed the gear into 1st and gave acceleration and I was riding bike! I took road to Haji Ali via Tardeo and then went to Mahalaxmi Temple and parked my bike safely. Visited the temple and prayed Mahalaxmi Mataji for her blessings and offered garland and prasad. Installing Mataji's garland on Bike, I returned back to home safely.

And in evening, I took Mummy, Atul and You to Fort at Mama's place!

So, this was my first encounter with Bike.

Have a Nice Weekend,

With Love and Blessings,

Dad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home